Irish firm provides cloud-based telecommunications to high-value start-ups
8th July, 2013; Dublin, Ireland: Wicklow-based firm Goldfish.ie has been signed up to provide telecoms services to eight starts-ups located at the Nexus Innovation Centre, at the University of Limerick. Goldfish.ie provides instant access to cloud-based telecommunications for business customers, with additional services not available from traditional telecoms suppliers.
Goldfish is an ‘approved telecoms supplier’ at the Nexus, which opened in 2011. The Centre provides accommodation for new firms that are believed to have a high potential for growth. Tenants range from IT companies, to those in digital marketing, management consulting, healthcare technology, and even aircraft protection. The full list of Goldfish’s new clients at the Nexus is as follows:
• Amideon Technologies: electronic protection systems for aircraft and civil security;
• IDF Marketing Ltd: digital marketing company with 330 clients globally;
• Lean Business Systems: management consultancy that creates efficient companies;
• Verify Technologies: business management software for manufacturers;
• iMosphere: healthcare IT (international HQ for this FACE UK owned company);
• Gnarly Adventure: an Irish adventure and events’ website;
• IARC: provider of training for research, education and genealogy for family ancestry; and
• Footbridge Learning Ltd: literacy games for children.
Gordon O’Neill, Managing Director of Goldfish.ie, outlined why firms based at Nexus are attracted to their services: “the days of waiting for traditional phone lines and buying your own hardware are gone. All firms require to access our services is the internet – everything else is instant. Now even
SMEs can have access to a professional telephone system, which is completely cloud-based; with tariffs up to 60% cheaper than Eircom, firms can make significant savings. Our flexible services mean that as companies grow and need bigger premises they can simply take their numbers with them; there’s no delay or break in service, they just plug in at their new offices and start calls immediately.”
All of Goldfish.ie’s services are provided through the Cloud. They focus on three key areas that support their clients’ requirements:
1. Flexibility – allowing businesses to be mobile so that they can adapt to changing market conditions easily, either growing or stream-lining. Firms only have to unplug their phones and take their numbers with them if they move offices anywhere in the world.
2. Professional Image – providing reliable corporate telecommunications, regardless of the size and structure of the organisation, with a host of start of the art cloud-based services.
3. Reduced Costs – no expensive on-site phone system hardware is needed and there are no line rental costs. National, mobile and international calls charges are also considerably lower than traditional telecoms providers.
These new deals follow quickly after other major appointments for Goldfish.ie this year. The firm was recently announced as a telecoms’ supplier to John Sisk & Son Ltd, Ireland’s largest construction company, where it provides on-site phone services on two of Europe’s most high profile building projects: the €15m extension to Diageo’s St. James’s Gate brewery, and the building of Europe’s first Shangri La Hotel on top of Europe’s largest skyscraper, Renzo Piano’s Shard of Glass at London Bridge. Goldfish.ie was also recently appointed on a €100k per annum contract by international firm IDG Direct for their Dublin contact centre, which makes 15,000 calls a day to 100 countries.
For more details please see Goldfish.ie
For further details contact Simon Palmer of Republic PR on 0851341761 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Nexus Innovation Centre
Nexus is a purpose-built Innovation Centre at the heart of the University of Limerick, which opened in 2011. It helps develop and sustain a vibrant business environment for entrepreneurs, who benefit from the University’s resources. It enables accelerated development for national and international start-ups with a global reach and helps commercialise academic research to create new businesses and jobs. For more details please see http://www.nexusinnovation.ie/
About Goldfish.ie (Goldfish Telecom)
Goldfish was founded in 2010 by Gordon O’Neill, a graduate of DCU with 14 years’ experience working in the technology and telecommunications sector. Prior to founding Goldfish he was Director of I.T. Operations at Babelgum (Babel Networks) and was previously employed at LPIS, Chhabra International Ltd and Eurologic Systems. For further information please see: http://ie.linkedin.com/in/oneillgordon
The technology available via Goldfish.ie allows a host of additional features and services, many of which cannot be provided by a traditional supplier such as Eircom, thus providing a professional and flexible service. These include:
● Call Recording: calls are stored in an online searchable database for up to six years
● Call Director: commonly known as ‘IVR’ i.e. “press 1 for sales, 2 for accounts..”etc
● Hunt Groups: calls are routed to multiple phones at the same time for first pick up; phones can be a different desks or locations
● Time Of Day Routing: where a call is automatically routed to a different number/s out-of-hours
● Voicemail to email; Call Delivery Assurance and other advanced features that ensure companies are in control of their telecoms at all times